Please take the time to thoroughly read and understand all the following protocols that have been put into place at Shannon Lake to help ensure the health and safety of all golfers and staff.
The safest place to be during these challenging times is to stay at home. However, with all new protocols the golf industry has implemented, we feel we can provide a safe option for fresh air, exercise and positive mental health!
The most important point is to maintain physical distancing (2m) at ALL TIMES.
PLEASE NOTE: Any customers failing to comply with the following protocols may result in their removal from the property!
- Golfers must have a pre-booked tee time (250.768.4653) to enter the golf course property. Walk-ons are discouraged
- Golfer capacity has been reduced (tee-time intervals have gone from 8 minutes to 9 in order to reduce the number of golfers on the course)
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have traveled within the last 14 days, please DO NOT come to the golf course!
BEFORE GOLF AND ON DAY OF PLAY
- POWER CART SERVICE: Walking is encouraged. Carts are available to pre-paid cart pass holders and for legitimate age and/or medical reasons. Single rider only except for golfers that are in the same "social bubble". Carts will be sanitized after every round.
- Be vigilant in practicing mandatory physical distancing (2m) at all times
- Please arrive at the golf course no earlier than 20 minutes prior to your tee-time
- Practice putting green and warm-up hitting cage are only open for warm-up prior to your tee-time (maximum of 4 golfers on the warm-up green at any one time)
- Only the lower level of the clubhouse is open to ENTER (thru the GOLF SHOP)
- ENTRANCE: double door facing the #1 tee will be propped open for easy access
- TWO EXITS: single door facing Shannon Lake under the deck & upstairs main door adjacent to power carts
- Only two customers allowed in the golf shop at any one time
- CASH PAYMENTS DISCOURAGED! Credit card transactions preferred! (Visa, M/C, AMEX)
- Golf club rentals are not available, please bring your own
- On course drinking water locations have been reduced. No contact bottle fill unit on #5T snack shack and water fountain at #10 tee (Turf Care) are available
- Limited number (35) of sanitized pull-carts are available
- HAND-SANITIZER STATIONS: Five new locations; golf shop entrance, lower lobby in clubhouse, by front door exit, at the front of #5T snack shack and front of #10T turf care building
- ARRIVE PREPARED: we encourage you to be proactive and bring your own hand sanitizer and/or wet-wipes to use while on the property
- Remain vigilant in practicing mandatory physical distancing (2m) at all times
- Flag sticks are not to be touched at any time
- Cup fillers will be used to keep the ball from going to the bottom of the hole - we encourage continuous putting and 2’ gimmies
- AVAILABLE WASHROOMS: closed at #10T, only available at #5T snack shack, #15T and upper level of main clubhouse. (#5T washrooms open from 8:30am to 7:00pm daily) Both areas will be sanitized regularly
- Ball washers have been removed (please bring your own damp towel)
- Rakes have been removed (Local Rule - you may ‘foot rake’ the bunker and then lift, clean and place) Do your best to level your footprints as you exit the bunker
- Practicing physical distancing while walking down the fairway, while searching for lost balls and on the greens is mandatory
- Stay vigilant in practicing mandatory physical distancing (2m) at all times and no end of round high fives or handshakes
We are monitoring all golfers to ensure social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) occurs at all times.
Failure to comply may result in your removal from the golf course.
No loitering or socializing anywhere on the property, before or after your round.